A simple way to judge the air spring leakage
Air spring leakage is common in some cases where the aging is serious, the working environment is extreme, and there are sharp foreign objects around. The air spring leakage usually has a very high concealment, and a slight air leak is difficult to detect, but if the air spring leaks, Timely follow-up processing will cause stress concentration of the rubber airbag, and the breach will become larger and larger, eventually causing serious consequences. The daily conditions are limited. How should we use simple resources to check the airtightness of the air spring?
Method 1: Soaking method
1. Prepare the corresponding material tools: one basin of water (better with soapy water), one air spring pump, one roll of raw tape, several valve core nozzles, air spring to be tested, one wrench.
2. Wrap the raw tape at the valve core nozzle
3. Use a wrench to twist the nozzle into the air spring air vent.
4. Visually check that the nozzle is not leaking.
5. Inflate the air spring to be tested to 3 bar (most air springs can be charged at 3 bar. For some special air springs, please consult Gaomat customer service staff). When inflating, pay attention to the end cover should not be directed at the direction of the person, so as to prevent the end cover from flying out and hurting people.
6. Place a gas-filled air spring into the water to see if there is any air bubbles. There is a bubble overflow indicating that there is a leak and it needs to be replaced.
Method 2: soap water inspection method
When the equipment conditions permit (the equipment does not damage the water, no leakage, the air spring position is safe and reliable, etc.), you can use a soft brush to directly apply soapy water to the air-filled air spring airbag and nozzle, observe the air spring. Whether it is leaking, mark the air spring that is leaking, and prepare for repair and replacement.
Contact Person: Mrs. Linda Lin