Air spring shock absorbers, also known as adaptive damping shock absorbers, go through a damping process to reduce spring motion. Shock absorbers reduce the amplitude of vibration by converting the kinetic energy of suspension motion into thermal energy. When the vehicle drives on an unbalanced road, the energy of the spring is transmitted to the shock absorber through the upper support and then to the piston. There are holes in the piston, and the hydraulic oil will leak out when the piston moves, thus slowing down the speed of the piston and the speed of the spring. Therefore, it reduces the vibration of the car and increases the comfort and stability of the car.
How to check the Air Shock Absorber?
1、 We can press the bumper hard and then release the bumper. If the car jumps 2-3 times, it means that the shock absorber is intact.
2、 Stand the shock absorber upright, clamp the lower connection ring on the table pliers, and force the shock absorber rod many times. If there is a stable resistance at this time, the drag of pulling up is greater than the resistance of downward pressure, indicating that the shock absorber is intact.
3、 Drive the car on a rough road, stop ten kilometres later, and touch the shock absorber shell by hand. If it is not hot enough, it means that the shock absorber trade resistance, and the shock absorber does not work. We can add lubricants appropriately and then test it. If the shell is hot, we can add enough lubricants; conversely, the shock absorber has been damaged.
4、 If the shock absorber makes a strange noise during the use of the shock absorber. This is caused by the collision of the shock absorber with the steel plate spring, frame or shaft. Or if the gasket is damaged and shed off, there is insufficient oil and so on, it should be checked and repaired immediately.
How to install air spring shock absorber?
1. First of all, the four wheels need to loosen the nuts according to diagonal order, and there is no need to screw them all off.
2. Then use a lifter to lift the vehicle, and then use the sleeve to completely screw off the wheel nuts in diagonal order, and remove the wheels.
3. Depending on different models, some may need to remove the brake split pump before dismantling the shock absorber. Then remove the arm fixing bolts, and then unscrew the fixed nut on the spring boom.
4. Use the caliper jack to fix the shock absorbing arm, open the engine hood, and unscrew the fixed nut on the body of the shock absorber. Then turn the jack to lift the shock absorber arm up until the lower end of the shock absorber arm is separated from the fixed place between the front axle, and then slowly remove the shock absorber. After the shock absorption elasticity of the shock absorber arm is completely released, then completely release the fixed nut on the body of the shock absorber and successfully remove the shock absorber.
5. When the shock absorber is removed, then fix the shock absorber spring disassembler to fix the spring, and finally remove the damaged shock absorber parts and rubber shield. After the replacement is completed, follow the previous disassembly steps and install it back.
Contact Person: Mrs. Linda Lin